Examples of strong geo-targeted banners with aggressive animation and colors. Such banners can generate good targeted traffic – but not all publishers like them (BTW, on Dating Ad Network you have an option of either using aggressive banners, or NOT using and not displaying them – depending on your personal preference)
* Banners on this page are only examples. Do not use these banners in your advertising campaigns. Make your own banners.
The first ad detects the IP address of the visitor and inserts in itself several nearby cities located around the visitor. Combined with strong imagery for its target group it performs very well, even without animation:
The only difference between the next two banners is the city name as a part of the banner creative. The result is 1.28 times higher CTR. And it gives more targeted traffic, meaning higher conversions. So, the overall ROI result from using geo-smart elements can be even higher. In fact, in our best tests it resulted in up to 300-400% increased advertising efficiency! And, BTW: your ads do not need to be that irritating and flashy in order to be geo-smart.
Next examples may come as a surprise for those advertisers who believe that text ads work better than graphic banners. It is not always true. At least, not in Dating. These are what we call "Graphic Text-Emulation ads".
The first one is a control imitating a context text ad. On the second one we animated the headers. Result is a much higher CTR. The third one has even higher CTR: 2.5 times better than the original "text" ad! Because its animated background helps it to stand out, attracts more attention and it produces more clicks.
Note that these are targeted clicks too: visitors click it not because it is animated, but because of what it says. Armed with this understanding graphic designers can move text and add graphic effects to produce even more powerful ads.
Weak banners. This ads have typical mistakes, which are often made even by experienced graphic artists creating their first advertising banners. Because of those mistakes, such banners do not generate a lot of traffic. This can be one of the reasons why some people are convinced that banner advertising does not work.
- dark, cold, depressive colors schemes;
- dark letters on dark background (or light letters on light background) – makes it harder to understand;
- irrelevant decorative elements or overdone animation – disperses attention, lowers impact;
- fancy fonts – harder to read;
- weak, not appealing imagery;
- not obvious or irrelevant slogans.
- name of company in a dramatic font – does not help to attract attention or stimulate a click;
Try this live Geo-smart Banner demo: